Walks & Days Out – Wilmslow
Well behaved Barkers welcome at these dog friendly places
1. Lindow Common, Racecourse Road, Wilmslow SK9 5NQ – Barkers friendly walks in local conservation area.
2. The Carrs Park, Chancel Lane, Wilmslow SK9 4AA – Riverside walks and open grassland.
3. Styal Woods, Styal SK9 4LA or Wilmslow SK9 4LR – Extensive woodland walks along the River Bollin.
4. The Edge, Macclesfield Road, Nether Alderley SK10 4UB – Woodland walks and dramatic views.
5. The Gritstone Trail, Bollington – local walk detailed on website www.discoverthegritstonetrail.co.uk
6. Tatton Park, Knutsford – 1000 acres of parkland – Barkers welcome on a lead
7. Norton Priory Museum and Gardens, Runcorn WA7 1SX – Barkers welcome in gardens on a lead.
8. Beeston Castle, Beeston CW6 9TX – 40 acres of woodland walks – Barkers welcome in woodlands on a lead.
9. Fletcher Moss Park, Didsbury M20 2SW – Long walks into Stenner Woods and along the River Mersey.
10. Lyme Park, Parkland width dramatic views – Barkers welcome on a lead.
11. Brereton Heath Country Park, off the A54 Congleton to Holmes Chapel Road, it is signposted from the road – Barkers friendly walks round the lake.
12. Middlewood Way and Canal, Rose Hill station, Marple. A 10 mile traffic free trail between the peaks and the plains. There are many options for easy circular walks, more details at www.macclesfield.gov.uk.
13. Sutton Hall and Macclesfield Canal, SK11 0HE – A four mile circular pub walk from Sutton Hall, a 480 year old Manor House now converted into a proper Barker friendly pub.
14. Redesmere to Capesthorne Hall, start at Redesmere Lane, 3.3 miles, full walk details listed at www.wilmslowwalks.com.
15. Stock at the Pavillion Congleton, Cheshire East CW12 1JG – 07855 010780.
16. Spud Wood, Lymm, B5169, Lymm WA13 0SL.
17. Parsonage Green Dog Park, Handforth.
Know of any other Barker friendly hotspots? We welcome customer recommendations so pop in and let us know your favourite places